You have no items in your shopping cart.
The various densities can be used in sequence or separately for unique filtration requirements. This is one of the greatest characteristics which Matala has to offer. No other media on the market can perform this step-wise filtration. Matala effectively separates large particles to small and still maintains a very aerobic and free flow of water without channeling.
Matala is slightly buoyant and will not sink to the bottom of your filter. Matala stood vertically on end will not float. Matala stacked horizontally will hold each other down.
Due to it's rigidity the Matala can be wedged in place in the filter without support.
Matala has the following characteristics:
- Full size sheet 48" x 39" x 1.5" (120cm x 100cm x 4cm) for all densities; Black, Green, Blue and Gray.
- Half size sheet 24" x 39" x 1.5"
- Weight per full sheet is between 6 to 8 pounds depending on density.
- One sheet is 13 sq.ft.
- 8 sq.ft. equals 1 cubic ft of media.
- One full sheet equals 1.6 cubic feet or 12 gallon volume.
- Semi-rigid and self-supporting
- Specific gravity: 0.95. Slightly buoyant.
- Made of Thermopoly Propylene compound - Nontoxic to environment.
Full sheets 48" x 39"x 1.5" thick; ship by truck. Half sheets 24" x 39" x 15' thick ship by UPS. Full sheets can be folded in half for more affordable shipping by UPS but they will have a permanent crease down the middle. Full sheets of Black cannot be folded in half.