You have no items in your shopping cart.
Matala EZClear UV-C Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses.
Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. These blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
The Matala EZClear UV Clarifiers can be used as a stand alone UV added to an existing filter system. The 16 watt drops into the BioSteps filter easily. The 25, 40 and 75 watt UVC do not fit the Biosteps filter. These are a stand alone unit which can be installed on your pond system with the proper size pump. The 25w, 40w and 75w are supplied with a clear adapter which allows you to connect directly to rigid 1.5" Sch 40 PVC pipe. All size units come with universal barb connectors allowing you to connect to 3/4", 1", 1.25" or 1.5" size flexible kink free or vinyl tubing .
- Suitable for ponds between 1,600 to 10,000 gallons depending on fish load, filtration, aquatic plants and sunshine.
- Flow rates 1600 to 5000 gallons per hour depending on unit watt size. (Aim for minimum one pond turnover per hour through the filter and UVC for best results.)
- Uses Philips T5 UV germicidal lamps.
- High grade Quartz Sleeve allows transmission of over 95% of the UV light.
- EZ quartz sleeve replacement "Locking Ring".
- Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 3/4", 1", 1¼ " and 1-1/2" tubing.
- Optional clear adapter for 25w, 40w and 75w connects to 1.5" rigid Sch 40 PVC pipe!
- Clear end cap for lamp on verification.
- Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
- Entire device is UV resistant
- Includes 15' power cord with in line ballast.