You have no items in your shopping cart.
Easy-to-install pump pre-filter
Simple and effective biomechanical pre-filters improve pump performance. Prevents pump damage and flow reduction due to debris and clogs. Expandable units available in single or double MatalaÂ® filter media core for superior biological filtration. Universal barbed fittings accept 1" to 1-1/2" tubing or 1-1/2" MPT. The versatile EZ Bio Filter can be used as a biomechanical pre-filter for circulation pumps, filtration pumps, and water fountain pumps.
The EZ Bio 20 has 2 filter core elements; an internal Gray core combined with a larger Green outer core element. The outer Green core element is 8 inch diameter and 7.5" long.
Replacement core elements are available in Gray size 4"dia. x 7.5" and Green size 8"dia. x 7.5".
The core element slides over a rigid slotted pipe. This rigid slotted pipe has a 1.5" male thread on one end and a 1.5" female thread on the other end. It is possible to connect multiple slotted pipes together to extend the length of the EZ Bio.
EZ Bio Filters Features:
Improves Pump Efficiency:
- Prevents flow reduction due to premature clogging
- Improves energy usage by reducing pump stress caused by clogs
- Helps extend pump life
Highly Efficient Filtration:
- Multiple pore size
- Progressive density dramatically reduces clogging
- Large filter volume captures, stores, and biologically processes more organic particles
- Large specific area for beneficial bacteria colonization
Easy to Install:
- Connects to many types of pumps
- Expandable for increased filtration capacity
- Minimal maintenance - long interval before cleaning
- Clean by simply dunking in a bucket of pond water
Easy to Integrate:
- Can be placed at any distance from the pump
- Expandable to increase filtration capacity to suit your needs
- Disconnect power to pump.
- Remove EZ Bio Filter and the attached pump completely from the pond.
- To disconnect EZ Bio Filter from the attached pump: Hold the pump in one hand and twist the EZ Bio Filter clockwise to unthread.
- To disassemble the EZ Bio Filter: a) Twist and unthread the black top section of the EZ Bio Filter. b) Pull the Yellow and Blue Filter Core of the bottom section away from the white, hard plastic core. c) Push the center Blue Core out of the Yellow Core.
- Vigorously dunk the filter cores in a bucket of pond water until they are clean. This will maintain more of the beneficial bacteria on the filter core. Spray wash the white, hard plastic core.
- Reassemble the EZ Bio Filter: a) When completely clean, push the Blue Core back in to the Yellow Core. b) Push the Filter Cores back onto the white, hard plastic core. c) Twist the black top section clockwise onto the white plastic core.
- Reattach the EZ Bio Filter onto the pump. Twist pump counterclockwise until firmly attached.